About Me

Monday, February 3, 2014

My Sanctum.


This mind of mine is a strange camouflage
It portrays a life of beauty and ambition
But it lazes around losing itself in the mélange –
Of boredom, worry and petty meaningless fun

This psyche of mine is cunning
Tries to reason all the wrongs that I have done with a lawyer-like tact
Validate every lie that I have told by springing up a red herring
It says, at that moment it was not immoral and shameful of me to put on that act

This mind of mine is a wishful oracle
Trying to feed me with the infinite possibilities
Envisioning dreams to reach that abstract pinnacle
To take that step and rewrite the crude realities

This psyche of mine is a paranoid lover
It loves me dangerously, guarding my heart with ironclad walls
It is a sunny leprechaun walking around with a cleaver
Making people fall in love but never pays heed to their calls

This mind of mine is a schizophrenic dreamer
One moment it is full off fervor ready to take on life’s adventure
Next moment it withdraws cowardly into a corner
Scared by delusions and illusions of a life of artificial allure


Bombarded by care, doubts, fear and over protection
I suddenly realized this crowded creepy world infiltrated my priced citadel
And this mind of mine has actually become a palace under their construction
So I have to run away, I shall not let it become the Tower of Babel

I will build my own fortress in my solitude here
I will sit by the lake of mesmerizing silver memories and hum
I will water the blossoms of future that are ever so beautifully clear
This mind of mine shall be mine alone!!!---My Sanctum.



** [Tower of Babel:(Genesis 11:1-11) a tower built by Noah's descendants (probably in Babylon) who intended it to reach up to heaven; God foiled them by confusing their language so they could no longer understand one another]

5 comments:

  1. huh at last...too many thoughts to put into too little space.. It would be difficult for mere mortals to understand this at a go..

    best lines:

    "This mind of mine is a schizophrenic dreamer
    One moment it is full off fervor ready to take on life’s adventure
    Next moment it withdraws cowardly into a corner
    Scared by delusions and illusions of a life of artificial allure"

    I wonder if you may have been inspired by ELSA, the Snow Queen character from the recent movie FROZEN, when you say about running away from this drama and building your own fortress.

    It is difficult to believe that someone can write such profound lines without having experience of the same. Anyway, we are lucky you have a wonderful gift of triggering vicarious emotions through your poems.

    good luck!!









    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. No i havent seen that movie.
      I am glad that inspires such emotions in my readers.
      Pls sign your name in the comment.
      I would like to know my readers.

      Delete
  2. Oracle feeding with infinite possibilities feels so contrastingly right. 'blossoms' of future being sure, 'abstract' pinnacle, 'crude' reality..just love these little words that actually are the makings of the soul of the poem.

    Has YOU written all over. Really good work.

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU!! :) :)
      those little words are my life.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! The 5th stanza is the best.

    ReplyDelete