About Me

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Becoming.

Ah! This new smell and these new sounds.
Mind goes whirrrrrringg and feet go klick kluck klick kluck

“Jump into the tour bus! Let’s do the rounds”
Mind’s vaults open, putting in memories and tik tok tik tok

“Have you seen that golden sand glisten on that sandy plain?
Have you seen those little rivers meandering, held by those palms?”

“Have you seen the ancestral ruins in the rain?
Have you seen the cemetery underneath the deep cloud of balms?”

“Have you seen that great monument? The main attraction!
Now, You can check off the entire list on your must see and must know?”

“Bye. Bye.”  Said he.

No. No. Said I.

I need.
To be.
-In and out-

I sleep on the sunny beaches lurking at the brink of the lips
I swing by the hollow caves snuck within the soft lobes of the ears

Where do you begin, where do you end? Your land, your mountain tips
When do you dance, when do you cry? Your past, your foreboding years

I need to roll in the grime that sticks on the hard lines of your elbow
I need to crawl in the dirty lanes paved by the cracks on your feet

Do you shudder? When the hot wind hits your stomach with a blow
Or do you laugh derisively, making a home with a cloudy seat

No more monuments, walk me through the little anonymous streets
No more ruins, walk me through the hall of your little echoing pains

Where is your bread, where? are your sweet apple core treats?
Where do you bleed, your honey sweet syrup that bubbles in the veins?

Tell me.
Tell me.     Slow.

Seconds of your little hurt-lets talk.
Springs of your little joys-lets drink

I will skin the husk and chew on that raw stalk
I will peel the clothes and kiss you pink

I need to .
I NEED to.
Become part of that golden skin. In knowing. In discovering




No comments:

Post a Comment