About Me

Friday, October 7, 2016

Skin.

I like picking the skin--
that lies in the slim trench beside my nail,
I peel it away methodically,
knowing the tricks of the trade.

One layer peeled away,
I wait for it to become sensitive,
one little dig at the corner and it turns into a fresh red cherry.
How I see it ripen! ready to be plucked and felt.

A smooth pain starts at the crescent of my nail
isn’t it almost liquidy, this kind of pain?
so little yet so filling! fills up my entire body’s need
to feel something.

I dig at it, this tiny area of inconsequential skin,
with little stabs, like a dog searching for a hidden bone
little doses of pain rises, filling my heart’s hunger
to feel something.

While I feed on these juices,
Reason tracks my level of idiosyncrasy,
Am I normal? Is this normal!?
this sudden fervor need to feel something?


Just then,
tantalizingly, a rich apple of agony dangles in front of me
almost tangible,
and my heart wants to lecherously suck on its curve.

It envelops me in its wistful presence,
little by little, every inch of me is covered
almost molten, my skin-hot, is dipped in torment.
That small little pain now seeps into my skin all over,

assuredly, it sits in…it sets in.
And, I am appeased.

Now,
Tell me,
Is it Skin I am wearing or Pain?









10 comments:

  1. This one was really gripping. Not bad Deevena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Athul :)
      If you get time read the other ones and do let me know what you think of them :)

      Delete
  2. "Kaadedi kavithakanarham" ani Sri Sri cheppinatlu, gorlu gillatam kuda vadalledu miru..

    May be you should thank the Endorphins, for the feeling of pain seeping in...

    --Satvik :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sri Sri gaarannatharvatha inka manaki dhoka enti?
      :)

      Delete
  3. When you're flabbergasted by the sheer magnificence of a free verse, you'll probably never know what to leave as a comment.It's unambiguous, clear, and unimaginably concise on how you defined he corrosive nature of the intrinsic clothing we have,jump and ruin it,the ordeals we undergo yet still try to devour the very flavour it provides us...

    "Just then,
    tantalizingly, a rich apple of agony dangles in front of me
    almost tangible,
    and my heart wants to lecherously suck on its curve."

    this one got me...good job ammayyii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nenu raasindaanilo intha comment chesentha vishayam undo ledo teleedu :D
      thanks abbaay!

      Delete
  4. aina skin picking meeda poem evaru raastaaru ammayyi...i really love the way the topics you pick hide in the dark and nu ala chitti chitti paadhaalatho,holding a torch light....set out to search and get them to light....:)

    ReplyDelete